Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall health.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel your best. This means eating a wide variety of foods in the right proportions, and consuming the right amount of food and drink to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
The Eat-well Guide shows that to have a healthy, balanced diet, people should try to;
• Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day (see 5 A Day)
• Base meals on higher fibre starchy foods like potatoes, bread, rice or pasta
• Have some dairy or dairy alternatives (such as soya drinks)
• Eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein
• Choose unsaturated oils and spreads, and eat them in small amounts
• Drink plenty of fluids (at least 6 to 8 glasses a day)
We at Saycare understand the importance of a balanced diet and the difficulties faced in maintaining it especially during periods of illness or recovery. Be it assistance during a down period or just to spice things up a bit with a change to you routine, Saycare staff can prepare meals for you or your loved one .
Food prepared for you
Home recipes and
unique cooking styles
Made with Love
Food that tastes great
make with love and care