Guidance and Safety
Correct use and storage of medication is important. SAYCARE strive to provide our clients with all the information they may need about their medication as well as proper storage practices
Where you store your medicine can affect how well it works. Learn about storing your medicine properly to keep it from getting damaged.
Take care of your medicine.
• Know that heat, air, light, and moisture may damage your medicine.
• Store your medicines in a cool, dry place. For example, store it in your dresser drawer or a kitchen cabinet away from the stove, sink, and any hot appliances. You can also store medicine in a storage box, on a shelf, in a closet.
• If you are like most people, you probably store your medicine in a bathroom cabinet. But the heat and moisture from your shower, bath, and sink may damage your medicine. Your medicines can become less potent, or they may go bad before the expiration date.
• Pills and capsules are easily damaged by heat and moisture. Aspirin pills break down into vinegar and salicylic acid. This irritates the stomach.
• Always keep medicine in its original container.
• Take the cotton ball out of the medicine bottle. The cotton ball pulls moisture into the bottle.